October 5, 2012

The Inaugural Post

Wow! The inaugural post of the TMC blog! I'm so nervous! What if I'm just a pretty voice and I no write goodly? Nah! I is smart. Good will I do.
Anyway, new cool website, new cool logo, new cool videos, new cool way to give (you can give online through PayPal now). We must be becoming one of those cool new churches. The pastors wear jeans, they use iPads (writing this on mine), we meet at coffee shops, and we talk about leadership and marketing strategies.

I think I am old school enough to wonder if in our newness are we keeping anything? In our coolness and efforts to be relevant to a larger population, is there stuff that doesn't change?
The quick answer is yes. Done right, and I hope we are doing things right, we change what needs to be changed and will change and adapt in the future, but there is a message that TMC had always been about that will not change. Our passion to be real, to be genuine stays. Our desire to build a community in Omaha that loves Jesus and people will never falter or adjust. Our drive to help people reconcile with the God who loves them will always be key. Our hunger for deep, meaningful worship and for the Truth revealed within the pages of the Bible will continue to be our inspiration.
So, yes, many things do and will change, but we must and will keep the core of what TMC is built on solid and unchanging. Websites, logos, videos, and even blogs are so, so important in our culture, but only if they are clear on why they are being done.

All of that said, I see this blog as a place to process some stuff as a community. Please comment and subscribe and get involved in some discussions. I truly welcome your thoughts. 

Until next time, 
Let us Follow Our Shepherd Together
P. Greg

2 comments:

  1. It seems as there should be an "I-Like" button. I like the "re-imaging" (if that is the correct term.) I like and am excited about the current changes and the ones to come. I also am glad that the changes are done purposefully with the core of who we are still intact. I love the people of TMC and the area and am looking forward to seeing where life takes us together. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to second what Adella has to say. I think purpose in the changes is key. And if done this way, it gives us a chance as a church to step back and evaluate our selves periodically and say "are we doing what God is asking us as a church to do?" And then listen to Him and find the ways He wants us to grow and change to further His message and His purpose for us. I am so excited for all He has in store for us!

    ReplyDelete